Tucked in a valley, at the foot of Round Mountain, among the graceful Maples & Oaks you will find our Little Brown House. Smoke billows from the chimney seven or eight months out of the year, a river rambles nearby, sheep & cows graze in the meadows and turkey's forage along the olde stone walls. Here you will find me, tucked into my cozy studio surrounded by my work. This is Vermont Harvest Folk Art.

~ I am a Punch Needle Embroidery Folk Artist, Rug Hooker and teacher, who is inspired by my love of Early American art. I have a small open studio and shop in our Vermont home, where I hosts holiday events, workshops and individual lessons.~

Thursday, May 30, 2019

~Olde New England Hen Rug Hooking Pattern is READY!!!~

I came across a quote yesterday...... "To create a memorable design you need to start with a thought that is worth remembering" ~ Thomas Manss.   Oh my goodness, it struck me, this is EXACTLY what I do with my work.  I create designs, from images and thoughts, that I feel are worth remembering. Or, perhaps more accurately, a world I wish to see. :)

Goode Thursday morning to you.  Tis a chilly one here in Vermont at the moment, however, the weather-folke tell us that the sun and it's warmth shall be arriving sometime today.  At least that was the weather predictions last evening,  Goodness knows what it might be today.  Tis been a crazy Spring thus far.  We have had some lovely days though, and I am thankful we are not experiencing the horrible weather some folks are currently dealing with.

I am popping in this morning to let you know that my Olde New England Hen design is finished!!!  She's been hooked, steamed, binded (bound???) and hooked again.  I absolutely LOVED every single minute of this project and am itching to begin my next!!  Speaking of thoughts worth remembering ~ a lovely Turkey hen atop an Autumn pumpkin is definitely something I would enjoy seeing often. :)

The pattern on linen is now available on my website and in my Etsy shop. 
 The hooked design is 13" x 20" and will come with a color photo for reference, in case you wish to create your piece in colors similar to mine :).



Next, on my hooking list, a lovely little floral piece that I shall be offering as a workshop, here in our home, on October 6th :).  I am having a heck of a time deciding on colors for this project but I THINK..red shall be involved :)


I'm off now to tidy the house, feed & walk Mr. Oliver and then it's into the studio for the day.

Until next time ~ Wishing you JOY, Doreen

No comments:

Post a Comment